Take advantage of the quarantine to learn more about the case for God’s existence, the reliability of the Bible and the nature of the Christian worldview
This video, excerpted from J. Warner Wallace’s presentation of the evidence for God (from his book, God’s Crime Scene), summarizes the case for Gods existence from consciousness. How does non-material consciousness emerge in a purely material universe? Is “mind” nothing more than “brain”?
If there is a non-material mind ‘outside the room’ of the universe who has created us in His image, our experience of consciousness would make sense.
1. Why does atheistic materialism have difficulty explaining the existence of immaterial “minds”? What do atheists typically reference instead of our “minds”?
2. List a few ways that “brains” are different than “minds”:
3. How does the reasonable existence of “minds” allow us to infer the reasonable existence of “souls”?
4. If we are more than purely material beings, how does this impact our notion of death and eternity?
5. Why is God the more reasonable explanation for the existence of “mind”?
Download all the Quarantine Questionnaires HERE. The PDF files have active hyperlinks you can use to access the videos and the articles, and you can print them to complete your responses!
For more information about the reliability of the New Testament gospels and the case for Christianity, please read Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels. This book teaches readers ten principles of cold-case investigations and applies these strategies to investigate the claims of the gospel authors. The book is accompanied by an eight-session Cold-Case Christianity DVD Set (and Participant’s Guide) to help individuals or small groups examine the evidence and make the case.