Take advantage of the quarantine to learn more about the case for God’s existence, the reliability of the Bible and the nature of the Christian worldview
In this episode of the Cold-Case Christianity Broadcast, J. Warner offers a number of brief, rhetorically powerful responses to the objection: “If God exists, he wouldn’t be so hidden.” Why doesn’t God make his existence known in a more persuasive way? These Quick Shot responses are designed to help you remove intellectual obstacles when talking about God with your friends and family members.
God’s present hiddenness provokes us to a genuine form of love, and that has likely been His goal all along.
1. Why do you think this objection is so common?
2. What possible reasons could God have for remaining “less obvious”?
3. Why do you think so many people fail to see God’s interaction in the world?
4. Why do you think so many people attribute events in their lives to “chance” or “luck”?
5. In your own words, explain why God may not want to “overwhelm” His creation:
Download all the Quarantine Questionnaires HERE. The PDF files have active hyperlinks you can use to access the videos and the articles, and you can print them to complete your responses!
For more information about the reliability of the New Testament gospels and the case for Christianity, please read Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels. This book teaches readers ten principles of cold-case investigations and applies these strategies to investigate the claims of the gospel authors. The book is accompanied by an eight-session Cold-Case Christianity DVD Set (and Participant’s Guide) to help individuals or small groups examine the evidence and make the case.