Take advantage of the quarantine to learn more about the case for God’s existence, the reliability of the Bible and the nature of the Christian worldview
This video, excerpted from J. Warner Wallace’s presentation of the evidence for God (from his book, God’s Crime Scene), summarizes the case for God’s existence from our common experience of free agency. Is free will possible in an atheistic universe? How does free agency emerge in a deterministic, physical universe?
Atheists who are willing to deny the very existence of “free will” pay a huge price when doing so. If our free agency is simply an illusion, so is any expression of love, empathy or compassion. If free will is illusory, so is any expression of creativity or reasoning. No genuine act of love, empathy, compassion, creativity or reasoning occurs without a free choice. Worse yet, no one could truly be held culpable for any act unless he or she was acting freely.
1. What do we mean when we refer to the term, “Free Agency” or “Free Will”?
2. Why is free agency so hard to explain from an atheistic, “physicalistic” view of the universe? Why do so many skeptics reject the true existence of free agency?
3. Why does the rejection of free agency eliminate the possibility of love, empathy, compassion, creativity or reasoning ?
4. How is “culpability” impacted if we deny the existence of free agency?
5. Why is God a far better explanation for our experience of free agency?
Download all the Quarantine Questionnaires HERE. The PDF files have active hyperlinks you can use to access the videos and the articles, and you can print them to complete your responses!
For more information about the reliability of the New Testament gospels and the case for Christianity, please read Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels. This book teaches readers ten principles of cold-case investigations and applies these strategies to investigate the claims of the gospel authors. The book is accompanied by an eight-session Cold-Case Christianity DVD Set (and Participant’s Guide) to help individuals or small groups examine the evidence and make the case.