Take advantage of the quarantine to learn more about the case for God’s existence, the reliability of the Bible and the nature of the Christian worldview
Many people believe that the presence of moral evil in the world proves an all-powerful, all-loving God simply doesn’t exist, but there may be a relationship between genuine love and free agency requiring the possibility of evil. If this is true, what role does God play in the story of humanity and how will justice be served?
Our free agency allows us to love and perform acts of kindness, and our eternal life provides the context for God to deal justly with those who choose to hate and perform acts of evil.
1. Think of some examples of “moral” evil you’ve read about recently and list them here. Which of these examples do you think might MOST cause someone to doubt the existence of God?
2. Why do you think “free agency” is so important to God?
3. Why is “free agency” required for us to love God and to love others?
4. How does “free agency” contribute to the existence of evil in the world?
5. Given the relationship between “free agency” and moral evil, return to the examples you listed in question 1 and craft a response to a possible objection to God’s existence based on the presence of moral evil:
Download all the Quarantine Questionnaires HERE. The PDF files have active hyperlinks you can use to access the videos and the articles, and you can print them to complete your responses!
For more information about the scientific and philosophical evidence pointing to a Divine Creator, please read God’s Crime Scene: A Cold-Case Detective Examines the Evidence for a Divinely Created Universe. This book employs a simple crime scene strategy to investigate eight pieces of evidence in the universe to determine the most reasonable explanation. The book is accompanied by an eight-session God’s Crime Scene DVD Set (and Participant’s Guide) to help individuals or small groups examine the evidence and make the case.