Take advantage of the quarantine to learn more about the case for God’s existence, the reliability of the Bible and the nature of the Christian worldview
How can we be sure that the story of Jesus wasn’t changed over time? How do we know that the virgin conception, the miracles and the Resurrection weren’t added to the story late? J. Warner Wallace talks about the nature of evidence tampering in this video, excerpted from his interview with Lee Strobel at a Sunday morning service at Woodlands Church in Woodlands, Texas.
The New Testament “chain of custody” provides us with certainty that the gospel eyewitness accounts have not been altered over time.
1. Restate the objection that many skeptics make about the resurrection and the possibility that the truth about Jesus may have been distorted over time. If Jesus didn’t rise from the grave, what kind of historical figure was he?
2. What is a “Chain of Custody”?
3. What does the New Testament “Chain of Custody” tell us about the consistency of the Resurrection claims?
4. Write a brief summary of the unchanging claims related to the Resurrection:
5. How can this information hep you communicate the truth of the Resurrection to your doubting friends and family members? With whom will you share this truth?
Download all the Quarantine Questionnaires HERE. The PDF files have active hyperlinks you can use to access the videos and the articles, and you can print them to complete your responses!
For more information about the reliability of the New Testament gospels and the case for Christianity, please read Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels. This book teaches readers ten principles of cold-case investigations and applies these strategies to investigate the claims of the gospel authors. The book is accompanied by an eight-session Cold-Case Christianity DVD Set (and Participant’s Guide) to help individuals or small groups examine the evidence and make the case.