Take advantage of the quarantine to learn more about the case for God’s existence, the reliability of the Bible and the nature of the Christian worldview
This video, excerpted from J. Warner Wallace’s presentation of the evidence for God (from his book, God’s Crime Scene), summarizes the case for Gods existence from the origin of life. Has science answered the question of life’s origin? How do philosophically natural scientists tackle the “chicken and egg” problems related to the origin of life? What is the best explanation for the information found in the genetic code?
The origin of life requires the emergence of pre-biotic molecules (amino acids and nucleotide bases). Where could this have happened? Could life have originated from “inside the room” of the natural universe? If so, where, and is there a better explanation for the origin of life “outside the room” of the universe?
1. Why does INFORMATION require an intelligent source?
2. Why does the presence of INFORMATION in DNA eliminate traditional evolutionary explanations for the origin of life?
3. Based on the video, what are the five levels of INFORMATION?
4. Based on the article, why do you think there are so any different theories about WHERE life originated? What does this tell us about the strength of each explanation?
5. How might you share the truth about DNA and the origin of life with the people in your world? How would you start the conversation?
For more information about the scientific and philosophical evidence pointing to a Divine Creator, please read God’s Crime Scene: A Cold-Case Detective Examines the Evidence for a Divinely Created Universe. This book employs a simple crime scene strategy to investigate eight pieces of evidence in the universe to determine the most reasonable explanation. The book is accompanied by an eight-session God’s Crime Scene DVD Set (and Participant’s Guide) to help individuals or small groups examine the evidence and make the case.